VIDEO: UK-based Nigerian woman rejects £15m offer to return home

Date:

VIDEO: UK-based Nigerian woman rejects £15m offer to return home

A Nigerian woman based in the United Kingdom has said no amount of money would persuade her to return permanently to Nigeria, citing the loss of two children to alleged medical negligence.

The woman, who identified herself as an indigene of Ogun State, made the disclosure during a video interview posted by X.com user #DammieDammie on Wednesday.

Responding to a question on whether she would accept £200,000 to relocate permanently to Nigeria and never return to the UK, she declined the offer, insisting that her decision to leave Nigeria was not financially motivated.

“Unfortunately, I didn’t migrate from Nigeria because of money,” she said.

When the interviewer increased the offer successively to £300,000, £500,000 and even £15m, the woman maintained her stance.

“You can’t even pay me enough to go back,” she said.

Asked why she rejected the offers despite their value, she disclosed that she had lost two children in Nigeria due to what she described as medical negligence.

“I lost two children to medical negligence. Back to back in two years,” she said.

The woman declined to provide further details about the incidents, saying recounting the experience would cause her emotional distress.

“I really don’t want to say much on it because I’m just going to break down,” she said.

According to her, healthcare professionals in the UK have expressed disbelief whenever she tells them how her children died.

“Every time I tell them here, to the doctors here, that my children died because of this, they all ask me, ‘Am I joking?’” she added.

The woman further credited the UK’s healthcare system for saving the life of her son, claiming that he might not have survived if he had been born in Nigeria.

“When I had my son, I know my son was, if he was back in Nigeria, he would have died also. But because I had him here, there was medical attention. They did what was needed to be done and he’s fine,” she said while pointing to her son during the interview.

Although she acknowledged that medical errors also occur in the UK, she argued that such incidents are significantly less frequent.

“I know it happens here also but the ratio is very, very low,” she said.

Watch Video Here:

Stay informed and ahead of the curve! Follow The Punch Newspaper on WhatsApp for real-time updates, breaking news, and exclusive content. Don’t miss a headline – join now!

Join The Punch Newspapers Channel

Stay in the know—fast. Get instant alerts, breaking headlines, and exclusive stories with the Punch News App. Download now and never miss a beat.

Get the Punch News App

Source: Punch Newspapers – Latest News

Share post:

Subscribe

spot_imgspot_img

Popular

More like this
Related

PHOTOS: Ballots, faces, other moments from #OsunDecides2026

Through these photographs, DevReporting presents a visual account of #OsunDecides2026.

2baba’s wife Natasha emerges Edo House of Assembly Minority Leader

Natasha Osawaru, the wife of singer 2Baba, has emerged as the Edo State House of Assembly minority leader. The lawmaker representing Egor Constituency was

Super Eagles, Super Falcons, Others’ Revival: Bazuaye Offers Blueprint, Demands Roles for 1985 Eaglets

Super Eagles, Super Falcons: Bazuaye outlines a revival plan and demands top football roles for members of Nigeria’s 1985 Golden Eaglets.

NFF sacks Super Falcons technical crew after World Cup failure

Before Monday's announcement by the NFF, Justine Madugu had apologised to Nigerians, accepting responsibility for the disappointing results in Morocco. The post NFF sacks Super Falcons technical crew after World Cup failure appeared first on Premium Times Nigeria.